Quincy Public Radio – WQUB

where we have been 1948 WQUB 90.3 FM began as a radio station called WWQC-FM. 1979 The station began broadcasting "over the air" with 10 air" with 10 watts of power. For the first time, the station's programming could be heard outside Francis Hall – but not too far from the building. 1983 The power was increased enough to cover the college grounds and surrounding neighborhoods. The resulting feedback from students, faculty and community was positive and encouraged the school to make a commitment to providing the Quincy-Hannibal and tri-state area with quality public radio programming. 1988 The station began its association with National Public Radio. Thanks to the help from the Marion Gardner Jackson Charitable Trust, Harris Corporation and Broadcast Electronics as well as volunteers like Ted Wahlman and Wally Kabrick, the station facility was improved and the power rose to 10,000 watts. During this time the call letters were changed to WQUB-FM, reflecting the school